This is part one of a Caves Unit Study intended to be done before (or after) visiting Inner Space Caverns or another cave.
Day 4: Section 6
One Small Square in Darkness: Pg 14 - 17
1. Read Section 6, pg 14 -17.
- Page 15: Talk about what is different about the cave visitors, cave lovers, and cave dwellers, using the picture on the bottom of the page. (See activity below)
- Page 17 & 7: Look at the square illustrated on page 17. Talk about what you notice in it. Then go back and look at the square from the entrance of the cave on page 7. What is different about these two squares? What is similar? (See activity below).
ACTIVITY: Ven Diagram Comparisons
1. Use a 3 circle Ven Diagram to compare, contrast and organize features of cave lovers, cave visitors, and cave dwellers.
2. Use a 2 circle Ven Diagram to compare, contrast and organize features of cave lovers, cave visitors, and cave dwellers.
3. Junior Cavers Notebook pg 8